Re: HomeSeer plugin run time error

Kevin Hawkins wrote:
> Hi J,
>
>     I am getting reported from a xAP C-Bus gateway user a frequent
> runtime error 91 in the latest HS plug-in, and I have just experienced
> it here too. I haven't found a dependable way of triggering it yet, in
> fact I can't reproduce it - it happened some time after doing anything
> to HS so I'm guessing it's whilst parsing some xAP message or maybe
> delayed following the device renaming/deletion/creation bit.

ahh what fun, a totally random error, how i love to debug these. An
error 91 would either imply some corrupt data or maybe one of the
buffers is getting too big. Could it be down to very high traffic ?

>     The related Q is....   Does the plug-in only save it's settings
file
> at exit ? If so is it possible that the HomeSeer  MDB is getting
updated
> correctly (after adding a new BSC C-Bus  device) but the settings file
> isn't as the run time error crashed it .  What I am having reported is
> that a lot of devices were added and then renamed , and worked OK but
> ceased to work at all after a restart. Those previously created
devices
> now seem to be reporting themselves as BSC 'originating' devices by
> HomeSeer (which is not the default)   I am just double checking with
the
> user if the restart was needed due to the run time error...and trying
> get a copy of the BSC cmd message from HS that isn't working as
expected
> after the restart ( as well as the xAP Settings,txt  and HS database
file).

The plugin saves on exit, every hour and on each device change/settiings
change. The sync between the plugin and HS is the housecode/devicecode
so as long as these stay the same it's fine.

I'll see what errors i can reproduce.