xFx New UID

Hi All

After last night discussions on xAPTalk, I had a look at the xFx
source and tried to change the UID format.

As far as I can see there is no way we could achive the changes we
require with out recompiling all the apps based on xFx.

Stuart has placed validation on the UID field, as was mentioned last
night, this also splits the field and stores it in 3 seperate
variables (byte NetworkID, Int16 DeviceID and byte SubAddress) with
there own public accessors.

I tried last night to extend the DeviceID by two 'characters' which
ment changeing from Int16 to Int32, as the public methods needed
changing to the new data type, the interface was changed and so just
copying the new DLL to an existing app thorws an exception as it can
no longer find a method with the correct signiture in the DLL.

So, after all that, I think it comes down to, we need Stuart, or at
least the source for the Hub.

Hope this all makes sense and is of use to someone.

Regards
--
Paul Barrett
BAZAutomation.com