Embedded interface to HV - C help needed by someone adventurous

  • Subject: Embedded interface to HV - C help needed by someone adventurous
  • From: "Ian Bird" <Ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 10:35:54 -0000

Hi all

I am looking at expanding a current project to produce an embedded
interface to HomeVision. My plan at the moment is to have an Ethernet
enabled device sitting on the network and it would talk to HV through
the serial port. I have studied the CSI3 docs and it seems to able to
do pretty much everything most people would need over serial. I am
looking for some programming help in C to read in xAP requests and
then do the serial stuff and send the xAP reply assuming one was
needed. This would include all the normal xAP housekeeping like
heartbeats etc.

I can supply the compiler license and some sample programs I have
written for reference if needed. It is possible someone will have
some code that can be modified and if so I am all ears.

Any volunteers? Anyone any other ideas? This is driven by the fact
that I no longer have a PC running near HV and no PC on 24/7 and a
huge leccy bill so the missus has banned another one hence the new
project. There is no great time pressure as I have lots on at the
moment anyway.

This is an embedded project so there are limits in the C programming
and memory etc. It is 99% ANSI compatible and there is a healthy 32k
of RAM to play with for the whole program (Ethernet included). This
essentially means no large arrays etc.

Thanks

Ian