LCD displays - sticky messages

  • Subject: LCD displays - sticky messages
  • From: "g8kmh" <g8kmh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 23:44:11 -0000

Before I go off down a blind alley, has anyone else considered
extending a display schema to include a 'sticky' flag? I'm thinking
about xAP 4x20 LCD displays or similar.

If you consider the number of display messages that can float around an
xAP network, it would be easy for an important one to be lost - like
the UPS tripped while you were out, etc. Having the flag set would
ensure that after a normal message displayed for its time period, the
sticky message would display.

Clearly it could be achieved by an application but this feels right for
it to be in the hardware device.
Lehane