Re: Re: Slimserver PI

Hi Edward,

If you are having a  look at this then let me just mention how I
used to do this withWinAMP.  The idea was to pause (cancel)  the current
playing track, noting the elapsed time, then play a given .wav file from
somewhere and then resume the previous track effectively giving an
'announce' capability .   In fact I addded an 'announce' class to the
schema.  In WinAMP this was aided by being able to readily manipulate
the playlist so I just stuck the 'announced' wav on the end of the
playlist and jumped to that, and when that finished I jumped back to
where I was at the specific place in the track where I had left it (and
deleted the announce wav from the playlist) .  This sounds a little
convoluted but it was the only way of retaining what might have been a
'created on the fly' playlist.  Each targeted player would need this I
guess.

I used this for announcing Callers names from CID and xAP
Switchboard kindly creates you a .wav file each time a call arrives that
you can use this way

Kevin

Edward Pearson wrote:
> Could be pretty annoying! But each to their own. :-)
>
> I'll add it to the wish list. As of now I have no idea how to do this
> (assuming it's possible, most things are). But I'll take a look at it.
>
> Would you still expect a noise if the Slim was actually playing at the
> time?

Behalf Of *lexfordparc
>     *Sent:* 04 December 2006 09:35
>     *To:* xAP_developer@xxxxxxx
>     *Subject:* [xAP_developer] Re: Slimserver PI
>
>     Played a bit more with xAP and the XAPTV TV Listings and the xAP
News