HomeSeer plugin run time error

  • Subject: HomeSeer plugin run time error
  • From: Kevin Hawkins <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 12:36:05 +0100

Hi J,

I am getting reported from a xAP C-Bus gateway user a frequent
runtime error 91 in the latest HS plug-in, and I have just experienced
it here too. I haven't found a dependable way of triggering it yet, in
fact I can't reproduce it - it happened some time after doing anything
to HS so I'm guessing it's whilst parsing some xAP message or maybe
delayed following the device renaming/deletion/creation bit.

The related Q is....   Does the plug-in only save it's settings file
at exit ? If so is it possible that the HomeSeer  MDB is getting updated
correctly (after adding a new BSC C-Bus  device) but the settings file
isn't as the run time error crashed it .  What I am having reported is
that a lot of devices were added and then renamed , and worked OK but
ceased to work at all after a restart. Those previously created devices
now seem to be reporting themselves as BSC 'originating' devices by
HomeSeer (which is not the default)   I am just double checking with the
user if the restart was needed due to the run time error...and trying to
get a copy of the BSC cmd message from HS that isn't working as expected
after the restart ( as well as the xAP Settings,txt  and HS database file).