Re: [Fwd: Slim Conduit 'Now playing' out of synch...]

Stuart Booth wrote:

>On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 17:47:32 +0100, Kevin Hawkins
><lists@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>>Can't remember if this was raised before but I'm seeing that the
Slim
>>server conduit (service/hub) is sending out a
xAP-Audio.Playlist.Event
>>"now playing" that has the just finished track info in it
rather than

>>the one just started .(Slimserver 6.2 beta).
>>

>Just downloading the latest official build (v6.1.1) and a beta v6.2
>from last night by the looks of it. I'll try it out and see what I can
>see. Got a few SlimServerConnector issues that I'm looking into at the
>moment so this is timely.

I am largely impressed by the current beta 6.2 SlimServers - they have
at last fixed my server stalls - previously a search by title would put
my SlimServer into a coma for 14 minutes (! really) - during which all
players went blank and playback died. This is now down to about 4 secs
and no player blanks/interruptions.  :-)  The library build still takes
a while though and the default Windows  installation uses a service that
is insalled without network priveledges , so you have to manually alter
that if your music is on shares.