Re: Errors using xAPFramework.net 1.2.9.12

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 23:22:16 +0100, Stuart Booth
<lists@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>I'm going to take a guess that the application you're develping
>contains a space in its EXE name e.g. "Test Framework.EXE"?
>
>If that's the case then either:
>
>1. Edit your app.config file and add something like:

>Or 2. Somewhere very early on in the lifetime of your application add
>the VB.NET equivalent of:
>
>     xAPConfig.HeaderSourceDevice = "TestFramework";

A 3rd option presented itself when I was testing my bug fix just now.
This seems to apply to C# at least. I'm no VB.NET expert as revealed
recently when discussing event handling in VB.NET.

On my test application I invoked Properties and in Common
Properties/General there is a setting named "Assembly Name". I
was
able to change this to "Test Framework" on my test harness
application, forcing in a space character to the code. This causes
things to instantly fail as you described. So you might be able to
just alter the Assembly Name of your application to remove any spaces.

This seems to confirm that this might be the cause of your problem.
Good spot though, that's a long-time bug quashed.

Stuart Booth <stuart@xxxxxxx>
xAPFramework.NET - a xAP software development framework for .NET

http://www.xapautomation.org/
     http://www.xapframework.net/