xAP Java SDK

  • Subject: xAP Java SDK
  • From: "Patrick Lidstone" <patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 12:06:19 -0000

I've had a stab at writing a Java SDK for xAP. This should be a useful
tool for developing cross-platform xAP applications - apps developed
using the SDK should run out-of-the-box under windows and linux, as
well as potentially on other embedded platforms such as the Tini and TiVo.

I wrote the SDK under JRE 1.4.2, but don't know anything about the
Tini environment? Any one care to try it?

Similarly, does anyone know where one might find a JRE for the TiVo
series 1?

The SDK includes javadoc documentation and three simple examples.
Download from here: http://patrick.lidstone.net/haweb/java.htm

PS. I don't make any claims to be a great Java expert, so code review
is welcome!

Patrick