Re: Intranet OCX 0.4 released

--------------040601050000050209000707

Glenn,

www.mi4.biz/files/intranetocx/intranetocx_0_4b.zip

Set .xAPDisable to true before the .SystemStartup and pipe raw xAP
messages into .IncomingxAP sub (just web.service messages really)

Hopfully this will let you use the Intranet ocx for just the webserver.
Assuming the program is wanted to be part of the intranet then you will
need to send you own web.service messages though.

Let me know how you get on.

James

Stuart Booth wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 21:39:15 +0100, James <james@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> I am assuming you can get the raw xAP message from the xFx
libraries,

> Me! Me! I can answer that!! <waves arm in the air frantically>
>
> Sure you can.
>
> class xAPMessage has a property named Raw. This returns a
> xAPRawMessage object. This is essentially the raw text that arrived on
> receipt of a xAP message from the network. It's what gets cracked
> apart and stored internally to xFx in a xAPMessage object and its
> related classes. It's from this raw data object that xAPViewer can
> also display the raw bytes of an inbound xAP message in its popup
> message view windows.
>
> You just need to go ToString() on the xAPRawMessage object to get the
> original xAP message text, or use the Text and Length properties.
>
> After that you can pass it on to anything you like really, including a
> public OCX function once you've added xAPIntranet.OCX as a reference
> to the .NET application. I'm just having a peek at it in the object
> browser as I type.
>
> I also converted your sample app to .NET to give it a quick whirl, but
> there's a compiler error, and it's way past my bedtime now so the
> brain has turned itself off.
>
> 	Me.xAP_Intranet1 = New xAPIntranetOCX.xAP_Intranet
>
> The error is:
>
>  'xAPIntranetOCX.xAP_IntranetClass.Private Sub New()' is not
accessible in this context because it is 'Private'.

> I also had to change the reference to the xAPIntranet.OCX file.
>
> HTH,

--------------040601050000050209000707

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN">
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
<title></title>
</head>

Glenn,<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.mi4.biz/files/intranetocx/intranetocx_0_4b.zip";>www.mi4.biz/files/intranetocx/intranetocx_0_4b.zip</a><br>
Set .xAPDisable to true before the .SystemStartup and pipe raw xAP
messages into .IncomingxAP sub (just web.service messages really)<br>
Hopfully this will let you use the Intranet ocx for just the webserver.
Assuming the program is wanted to be part of the intranet then you will
need to send you own web.service messages though.<br>
Let me know how you get on.<br>
James<br>
Stuart Booth wrote:
cite="midr2hok11qa6es2tsu84porso9t1q5tp4vea@xxxxxxx"
type="cite">
<pre wrap="">On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 21:39:15 +0100, James
<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:james@xxxxxxx";>&lt;james@xxxxxxx&gt;</a>
wrote:

</pre>
<pre wrap="">I am assuming you can get the raw xAP message
from the xFx libraries,
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->
Me! Me! I can answer that!! &lt;waves arm in the air
frantically&gt;

[...]

<!-- **begin egp html banner** -->

color:#909090;">
<tt>SPONSORED LINKS</tt>
cellpadding="0" width=500px>
developer</a></tt>
developer</a></tt>
developer</a></tt>
internet security</a></tt>
developer</a></tt>
tool</a></tt>

<!-- **end egp html banner** -->

<!-- **begin egp html banner** -->

width:500px;">
<hr style="border-bottom:1px; width:500px;
text-align:left;">
<tt>YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS</tt>
<ul>
<tt><li type=square>&nbsp;Visit your group "<a
href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xAP_developer";>xAP_developer</a>"
on the web.<br>&nbsp;</tt>
<tt><li type=square>&nbsp;To unsubscribe from this group,
<tt><li type=square>&nbsp;Your use of Yahoo! Groups is
subject to the <a href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/";>Yahoo!
Terms of Service</a>.</tt>
</ul>