Display JPEGs on your Tivo from ANYWHERE

  • Subject: Display JPEGs on your Tivo from ANYWHERE
  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <gsullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 10:39:13 -0400

I have written a TivoWebPlus module that can display a remote image on
your Series 1 Tivo's screen.  I see it as a replacement/supplement to
YAC on the Tivo, and currently have it working for CID and New Email in
my house.

It is really a wrapper around JPEGWriter, originally by Jake, and
enhanced by Graham Cobb.

There is also a DLL that encapsulates the post functions of the TivoWeb
page, to easily allow developers to remotely display JPEGs on their
tivos programmatically, and a "Test Bed" app that showcases the
functionality.

This gives you three different avenues to post JPEGs to your Tivo:

1. Directly through TivoWebPlus.
2. Through the Test Bed app.
3. Through any other app that you feel like writing...

I'm wondering if some Tivo People would be willing to give it a shot
before I post to DDB or TivoCommunity.

More info (and downloads) here:
http://webpages.charter.net/bushman4/jpegwriter.html

Thanks in advance,