RE: Display JPEGs on your Tivo from ANYWHERE

  • Subject: RE: Display JPEGs on your Tivo from ANYWHERE
  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <gsullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 10:00:05 -0500

Have some spare time at work, so I'm working on this xAPplication.

How about targeting?

For example, let's say you have two TiVo's... Would you want the
Display.Service message to be sent out for each instance?    IE, if the
xAPplication is BushSoft.xAPTiVoJPEGWriter.GMSServer, should the TiVo's
be individually addressable:
BushSoft.xAPTiVoJPEGWriter.GMSServer:LivingRoom
BushSoft.xAPTiVoJPEGWriter.GMSServer:MasterBR

And individually respond to display.locate (and message.display)
messages?

I guess it makes sense to do that, and then an app can send out a
display message to either the whole set of TiVo's (by addressing to
BushSoft.xAPTiVoJPEGWriter.GMSServer), or to an individual TiVo (by
addressing to BushSoft.xAPTiVoJPEGWriter.GMSServer:LivingRoom)

But that still leaves the question: do I respond to a Display.Locate
message with one display.service message for each instance?

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.