Re: xFx Plugins - C# 2005 Express

  • Subject: Re: xFx Plugins - C# 2005 Express
  • From: "g8kmh" <g8kmh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 09:15:21 -0000

I figured that .NET 2.0 was likely to be the problem but the clean
build and the fact it didn't barf at runtime fooled me.

Hopefully a .NET 2.0 version will also 'encourage' plugin authors to
bring their code up to the latest framework version as well which
then would truly allow single runtimes and multiple plugins. One
difficulty at the moment for non-developers is identifying which plug-
in works with which xFx framework assembly/runtime.

Lehane

--- In xAP_developer@xxxxxxx, Stuart Booth <lists@x...> wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 12:49:07 -0000, "Edward Pearson"
> <edward.mailgroup@b...> wrote:
>
> >The probkem here is probably that VS05 uses .Net Framework 2.0
rather that
> >1.1.
>
> That's a good point actually, a 2.0 DLL is being found by a v1.1
> application. It might not be getting loaded as a result. I haven't
> tried this out myself yet (see below).
>
> > I'm not sure how they interoperate, or if it's possible to get
VS05 to

 http://www.xapframework.net/