Re: xAP Desktop Displays

  • Subject: Re: xAP Desktop Displays
  • From: James <james@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 11:47:54 +0100

Hi Paul,

SetxAPVar and GetxAPVar let you access and set the data associated with
a display. These are the same as the xAPvar= line in a display.txt file.
They are also independent for each display hence why you have to pass
the DisplayName to these functions. These will be available to use in
events you will just need to make sure that the DisplayName is correct.
If you have any queries to the actual displayname you can always use the
GetDisplayByName(DisplyTextNam) function and pass to it the name as
displayed in the Desktop gui. eg. "Audio Controller mk2" and it
will
return "Display07"

SetGlobal/GetGlobal are global across all displays and are simply  a
text tag to reference the variable and the variable.  I think what you
are doing here is correct, if you set a global and the global is already
there then it returns True if however the variable didn't exist it will
be created and the value updated, then it would return False. So the
True/False shouldn't be thought of as success/fail rather updated/new

Also it's worth checking you have the latest Desktop as alot of the
script functions were extended in later builds, there's a check for
updates option in the tray menu.

HTH

James