RE: Message Queuing

I am aware that the xAPLogger exists... I actually tried that first, and
then posted this message on 6/10 to the xap_automation list:

<------------snip message------------->
I am trying to get this working with MSDE, and can't quite get it.

I created a database called xAPLogger

I modified the table setup script as shown at the bottom of this message

I create an ODBC Connection to the database called xAPLogger.

Now, when I fire up the logger app, I can see the raw messages, and
there are no errors, but there is no data inserted.

Any suggestions?
<------------snip message------------->

I didn't re-attach my DB Create script...

Since I am so new to who y'all are, I still don't quite remember who's
site is who's, so I didn't know how to contact you directly.

That, coupled with the fact that I am server guy, so Windows Services
are by far my preferred program type for stuff like this that doesn't
require any user interaction, let me to write my own...

And, while I do agree with your suggestion to throttle the sending app,
since it is not in the spec, it is currently fair game for someone to
write an app that floods the wire with loads of messages (Isn't there
even a xAP Flood app?(Stuart...)).  Also, as more and more devices
become xAP enabled, the chance of a xAP flood of DIFFERENT types of
messages becomes entirely possible...

I was leading to the suggestion that maybe there should be a throttle
portion of the spec, but as I was typing this, the other case (multiple
apps generating a "Distributed Flood") just occurred to me, which
don't think a throttle clause would help totally...

But I am going to develop throttles into all of my xAPplications that
send multiple messages, to mitigate the possibility of this problem.  I
can imagine xAP on a Rabbit or PIC trying to cope with a 152 message
flood from my poorly configured,
show-me-everything-even-if-its-home-shopping xAPTV update of 76
channels...

(James... Don't take it personally... It's ME that has it poorly
configured, not you...)

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.