Re: Advertising to xAP Switchboard

Sullivan, Glenn wrote:

>Is there a xAP message type/schema that is used by the other CID
capable
>apps to advertise their "service" to switchboard?

Switchboard listens out for quite a few schemas but no apps really
register with Switchboad. Switchboard simply build lists of information
sources as it hears them. It doesn't need to know there is a modem
called a.b.c that may present caller id info, the first time a.b.c sends
a caller id message Switchboard will use it. Internally Switchboard uses
an array of lines and assigns any received message to a item in the
array based on the xAP source. The instant messenger side of Switchboard
works like this too. As, i'm guessing, you don't have a xAP enabled IM
client then Switchboard has a blank array of IM so that part of the app
is disabled. As soon as it hears an IM message it will fire up and start
displaying it. (xAPTel is also a skype connector, btw). So the list of
schemas used are

Incoming and Outgoing calls
cid.incoming
http://www.xapautomation.org/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=9
cid.meteor
http://www.xapautomation.org/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=9

Line status/monitoring/dialler support
cti.info/event
http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=49

IM messenger support
messenger.event/info

xAP Intranet links
web.service http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=48

Outlook support
outlook.contact

Switchboard sends:
message.display
http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=9
xAP-Osd.slimp3
http://www.xapautomation.org/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=11
tts.speak  http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=17
cid.lookup  http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=47
cti.cmd http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=50
and with raw support, any schema really!

I've still to type up the outlook schemas and am not 100% sure on the
messenger one, but i'll let you know when i do.

James