CID Schema question

A question about the CID Schema, as posted here:
http://www.xapautomation.org/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&ar
tid=9

It seems that, in the generic CID.Incoming schema, "Name" is
optional
and "not currently supported so will mostly be blank."

What does your CID info look like over there?

We, about 90% of the time, get both the calling number and some string
assigned by the phone company... Usually whatever is listed in the phone
book, to a limit.

The other 10% of the time, we either get "Number Not Available",
"Unknown", or a number, and "Unknown name."

I ask because my NetCallerID xAPplication uses this in the CID.Incoming
messages it sends out, but if no one's apps are ever going to look at
that, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to send it.

For example, Switchboard, which is an awesome app, does not seem to even
look at the name string.  Probably because there isn't any reason to
over there yet... I can add contacts for all of my incoming calls, and
they show up fine, and I suppose that's how you guys make it work.

But I guess, ideally, and this is going to turn into a suggestion for an
improvement to switchboard, I'd like to see that name if it exists and
there isn't a contact already... I can change the Caller ID panel in
Desktop to add another variable, grab the "name" string from my
xAP
packet, and put it on a new line.  All except for Panel 0's CID info,
which doesn't seem to show in it's settings file.

Sorry for the rambling long winded email... I've had a few, and I tend
to program my best then... ;-)

Oh, one more thing... James, can you document your CID.Lookup schema?  I
just want to know, if I plan on intercepting any of those messages, what
I can expect...

Thanks a lot for all your help,

Glenn Sullivan