Re: xAP BSC

Stuart Booth wrote:

>This seems to indicate that on startup I should send a xAPBSC.Info
>message rather than a xAPBSC.Event? Is that correct, despite being a
>change of state, say from Indeterminate to Off?

Hi S,

Yes, actually the Netiom too sent 'event' messages initially at
startup and we had a quick chat around exactly this issue and concluded
'info' was the right way to do it.  This was really to avoid events
being issued that sort of had a 'time of change' asssociated with them
which was inaccurate (ie it would be the startup time) , this could then
also msitakenly trigger associated actions whereas 'info' by inference
implied something had happened 'in the past', the receiver would be able
to differentiate the two if wanted .   I think most (if not all all)
current apps track both 'events' and 'infos' and should they so wish
could take a different action based on an 'event' and an 'info' whose
condition was different to any local state table record.