Re: Memory leaks and things

Kevin Hawkins wrote:

>>Mark Harrison (Groups) wrote:
>>

>>>... like many Gb per day of memory leaks somewhere.
>>>
>>>We've been through our code, and started keeping things like
explicit
>>>object reference counts, but the number of objects don't
change.

>>>Any other ideas? Is it possible it's a bug in the version of
the OCX
>>>we're using?
>>>

>>Does it happen with the OCX I sent you too ??
>>

>Yes..

Just checked and it happens with your original version too - which is
curious cos I left that running in a loop overnight and it was still
running in the morning,   but it was a big RAM machine...  I am thinking
this was not going to show so easily in xAPTel due to the xAP low
traffic but it appears as I send/receive  xAP messages my memory usage
does increase each time :-(

Ughhh  - even worse when I run Mapper (on a different PC to xAPTel ) in
a tight running loop it is causing xAPTel to take memory with every xAP
message on the network  - not the huge amounts like Mapper but about 10K
per second (still awful)  - which is inline with the xAP traffic packet
size processed I guess .So  it does appear the OCX may have a memory
leak unless we are supposed to handle this ourselves somehow (? dont
think so..) )  or maybe it will purge this itself shortly - will leave
it running a while and see what happens - worrying :-(