Re: Memory leaks and things

Mark Harrison (Groups) wrote:

>Well, in trying to get to the bottom of this "which OCX is
right" issue,
>we've found some big problems...

Oh ... a bit worrying...

>... like many Gb per day of memory leaks somewhere.
>
>We've been through our code, and started keeping things like explicit
>object reference counts, but the number of objects don't change.
>
>Any other ideas? Is it possible it's a bug in the version of the OCX
>we're using?

I did have a slight issue a long while back but it disapeared and I had
assumed it was either my code changes or an OCX update. I leave xAPTel
running for weeks on end (which uses the OCX, albeit a slightly
different version) and it seems OK - is the memory footprint actually
showing the increase in task manager ? - if so I'll monitor xAPTel
carefully for a while.  I know you use the OCX methods more extensively
than I do though and you ahve a lot of message throughput via teh OCX
whereas mine is fairly minimal.

Does it happen with the OCX I sent you too ??

Kevin