Re: Re: xAP Configuration, Serial RS485 Bridge and PIC's

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 13:19:57 +0100, Kevin Hawkins
<lists@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>Actually having an agreed standard way to configure the key parameters
>(UID , source address,  hbeat interval etc) - ie the header values is
>probably very easy and we should at least have an interim schema
>solution pending a full config schema. This probably can extend to sub
>address names too.  What do people think ????

That would be great. This would be dead easy to support directly in
xFx thus enabling remote configuration for all xFx-based apps to some
degree anyway.

I still tend to choose my UID values at random as that's been quite
sufficient so far, but it'd be neato to configure them. Viewer would
be an easy place to add some editing of this configuration as it
already shows up any UID clashes.

So ... What Exists Already?

Ie what efforts in this direction have been made already, or do we
start from scratch.

Stuart Booth <stuart@xxxxxxx>
xAPFramework.NET - a xAP software development framework for .NET

http://www.xapautomation.org/
     http://www.xapframework.net/