Re: Introduction & Questions

  • Subject: Re: Introduction & Questions
  • From: "barrygordon" <barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 15:01:59 -0000

I just completed rewriting a lot of code in my Homeseer system to use
xAP.  I have a main plugin that runs as an exe in Homeseer, code in
my media control system that is very similar to the code I put into
homeseer, and code in each of my touchscreen applications to ta;lk
xAP. The homeseer app has a lot of display capability to show all
traffic for debugging. All code is written in VB.

I am using the xapax.ocx plugin on all systems (2 on WinXP pro, 5 on
win95) I am running with no hubs as these are basically dedicated
systems.  It took a while to figure it all out, but now that I
believe I have, it was really easy.  Hindsight is always 20/20. To
force xapax.ocx to communicate 0n 3639 I set minport, maxport and
port all to 3639. That may be overkill as I think port may be an
output of the ocx.

I do believe the design of xapax is to chick if 3639 is in use, and
if so, assume there is a hub on the system, if not it uses 3639. if
3639 is busy it starts searching for a port at "minport". The
port is
only significant for listening, as the xAP protocol broadcasts the
UDP command to all hosts on the subnet.

The above is my understanding.

What xAPax needs is a refrence document which details all of the
properties and methods. I am sure P will get to that some day. I am
willing to help write it if someone has the information.

You can PM on homeseer or email me at barry@xxxxxxx