Introduction & Questions

  • Subject: Introduction & Questions
  • From: "harley0922" <rfoxjr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 14:58:27 -0000

I am a long time user of HomeSeer and am looking for ways to easily
disperse infromation from my HomeSeer pc to other PC on the network.
Over the past couple of years I have developed some apps that allow
that to happen to some degree.  But now I am looking for easier ways
to do this.

Having read the HS boards about xAP and seeing some of the
applications available on the xAP development sites I think xAP might
provide the common interface I am looking for.

I have been looking at the xAP Protocol over the past few months and
have decided now to dig my heels in and start development of a xAP
based application.  Before getting to involved I have a few questions.

1. I have downloaded the xAPax.ocx, well actually several versions,
and am trying to determine the version that I should actually be
using.  Where can the latest version be downloaded? Any help here
greatly appreciated.

2. I have read of vendor ID's and UID, will one be required for my
applcation?  If so, how do I go about obtaining the necessary ID's?

3. When using the xAPax.ocx, if there is no hub present on the
computer, will it setup as a hub or is a hub required?

Thanks for any help.

Rick