Re: missing dll's

  • Subject: Re: missing dll's
  • From: "barrygordon" <barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 04:03:05 -0000

Thanks Kevin, but I think the act of posting for help causes me to
figure it out.  Must be a subconscious thing.  If anyone is running
xapax.ocx on win 95 they had better install the upgrade for winsock
that brings it to winsock 2.  It is available from Microsoft on thier
web site  I also had to load one or two other dll's.  The key is to
search the ocx using a text editor (I use textpad) and find all
strings of text ending in ".dll" They have to be there since
linking
is a symbolic process.  There are 7 dll's that are refrenced by
xapax.ocx. They are OLEAUT32, GDI32, User32, Kernel32, msvcrt, mfc42,
and WS2_32.  Once those dll's were loaded on all of the Win 95 OS's
(c:\windows\system) all the problems went bye bye.

Thanks again for the help.

--- In xAP_developer@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <lists@u...>
wrote:
> There is a bundle of 'dlls' that is downloadable from Patricks half
> finished site at  http://patrick.lidstone but for the life
of me I
can't
> find the download link and the site is sooo slow and doesn't render
> correctly for me I'm afraid it's almost unuseable. I can't even
find the
> OCX download.  Does anyone else have a copy of the zip file ???
JT KT