Working with no Hub

  • Subject: Working with no Hub
  • From: "barrygordon" <barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 04:38:41 -0000

I desire to run a xAP application on a Win95 system.  I can not put a
hub on that system since there does not seem to be one available, and
win 95 can not run the .net framework.  According to the spec I should
not need a hub since there will only be one xAP application on the
machine.

I am using the xapax.ocx for VB6 that has been around some time.  I
believe the author is Patrick Lindstrom. If I run my app with the xapax
control on a system with a Hub (Win XP Pro), there is no problem.  If I
stop the service and try to run the app it will not work. It will not
work on a win 95 system.

1) It issues no Heartbeats (keep alive messages)
2) It will transmit (send) just fine
3) It receives nothing.  The On_Message process is never called when a
message is placed on the network by another system.  A sniffer sees the
message but the app running "Hubless" does not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated since there is very little
documentation (that I have found) on the xapax.ocx activeX control.