Re: Lost /duplicated messages

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 01:02:52 -0000, "barrygordon"
<barry@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>I have an application where I need to  transfer large blocks of Data,
>lets say 2500-5000 bytes.  Knowing the UDP size limits I broke this
>down into multiple messages each message indicating its sequence number
>for reassembly at the other end so they are order independent.
>
>I see the messages going out (all of them) in the correct order (using
>a sniffer to monitor).  On the receiveing side i almost never get all
>the message blocks.  Most of the time I get n copies of the last block
>and none of the others.  Only once did I see al the blocks arrive.

When you say blocks I am guessing you mean individual messages?

So for example you have 10 messages that you transmit, but typically
you only receive the 10th message, and that 10th message arrives
multiple times??

>I am running on Win XP pro, the .Net framework is installed and
>the .net hub is running as a service on each system (two for testing).

It might be worth trying out a different hub to attempt to localise
the problem. It might be the .NET one for instance. I'd suggest trying
Patrick Lidstone's flavour, if his site is currently working:

http://patrick.lidstone.net/ha/

It is as I type, but vveeerrrrryyyyy slllloooooowwwwwllllyyy...

<http://patrick.lidstone.net/ha/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=5&id=21&Itemid=29>

>i do not understand why I even need the hubs as it is a single xAP
>application on each machine.

You don't in this particular scenario. The hubs are merely there to
support multiple xAPplications on the one machine.

How are you sending the messages?
If you send just a single message, does it always arrive duplicated?
Do you have multiple network adapters in your PCs?

Later on I'll setup a test here to verify message reception in my own
software.

Stuart Booth <stuart@xxxxxxx>
xAPFramework.NET - a xAP software development framework for .NET

http://www.xapautomation.org/
     http://www.xapframework.net/