Lost /duplicated messages

  • Subject: Lost /duplicated messages
  • From: "barrygordon" <barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 01:02:52 -0000

I have an application where I need to  transfer large blocks of Data,
lets say 2500-5000 bytes.  Knowing the UDP size limits I broke this
down into multiple messages each message indicating its sequence number
for reassembly at the other end so they are order independent.

I see the messages going out (all of them) in the correct order (using
a sniffer to monitor).  On the receiveing side i almost never get all
the message blocks.  Most of the time I get n copies of the last block
and none of the others.  Only once did I see al the blocks arrive.  I
have tried delays between blocks on the transmit side, etc.  I am ready
to pull  my hair (what little is left) out.  I have played with varying
block sizes and varying delays between transmissions. The two PC's are
2.4 GHZ machines and the network is a single subnet at 100 mbps.

Can Anyone help me.

I am running on Win XP pro, the .Net framework is installed and
the .net hub is running as a service on each system (two for testing).
i do not understand why I even need the hubs as it is a single xAP
application on each machine.

Any help would be really appreciated.