Re: Source code for Ascentium apps

  • Subject: Re: Source code for Ascentium apps
  • From: Joe Gray <jebusyoda@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 21:00:30 -0800 (PST)

--0-1519880998-1105851630=:9016

Mark,
I would like to work with your source. I am developing plugins for the
Homeseer home automation app. TIA......JG

mark_harrison_uk2 <mph@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Guys,

As you may have noticed, I've hardly posted recently.

Time pressures from all kinds of directions have meant that we've not
had any time to work on the existing xAP applications. It's worth
noting, however, that interally, we've been using xAP not only for our
own needs, but on client sites. The ability to put together
installation-specific mini xAPplets has helped us massively.

The four "main ascentium xAPplications", however, have been left
behind.

xAPlogger, and xAPdb are, I believe stable, and feedback from users
seems to be that the bugs have been fixed. (Thanks in particular to
James Traynor here.)

xAPHomeVision and BSCMapper both need work, and it is unlikely that we
will have time to work on them ourselves.

As such, I've decided to make the source code available to anyone who
would like it. If this is the case, please contact me off-list and I
will send it over.

Both are written in VB6, and use Patrick Lidstone's xapax.ocx to send
and receive the xAP messages. As such, they are potentially useful to
anyone wanting "non-trivial reference code" for how to write xAP
in VB6.

Regards,

Mark