Re: Re: X10 Mapping (was Wildcarding query)

> I wasn't going to make the source code generally available - mainly
> because it's not very pretty right now and the addition of
> config/groups/scenes will change it quite a lot (right now it's got
> experimental versions of these things in it). However, if someone
> wanted it for a specific reason (and understanding the issues of why
> it didn't work on Mono would be a very good reason) then I'd be
> happy to share it.

I guess the most interesting parts are the ones where you deal with the
different X10 units - have you found any good documentation for the
extended/professional X10 codes?

> One obvious thing that will probably break is the serial
> communications - .Net has none by default so I use a widely-
> available library (source included) which, of course, makes calls to
> Win32 - and I don't suppose Mono is emulating Win32.

I wonder - a lot of serial libraries are modeled on the UNIX interface,
so it might be a fairly easy conversion. I guess what is needed is a
rather simple API - set serial parameters, read/write bytes with
timeout, what else?

Julf