RE: Re: X10 Mapping (was Wildcarding query)

------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C4F5B4.D7291A10

The latest release (v2.5) of my X10 controller, which is BSC v1.3 capable,
does this kind of mapping. It holds an address map table, local to the
connector, that has one entry per X10 device on the X10 network. The
address
map translates between addresses such as downstairs.study.desklamp (xAP)
and
C7 (X10). So all X10'ness is hidden from the xAP network, as it should be.

Each map entry also holds the kind of module: binary, dimmer, pro-dimmer
etc
and takes care of issuing the correct set of X10 commands to get the
controlled device into the required state. It does this by tracking the the
state of modules (as best it can). So, for instance, you can have two
lamps,
one on a plug in module, the other on a DIN dimmer, issue a single BSC
command targetted at both to dim to 60% and the connector will issue the
appropriate sequence of X10 powerline commands to get the two lamps to the
correct state.

The next version (v3), mostly built but pending finalisation of the schema
details, includes a BSCMapper so you can set associations between BSC
devices (eg, lighit swithces and lights) as well as an implementation of
groups so you can address sets of X10 (and non X10) devices together under
single xAP address.

I put up a release of this earlier this week on my website but no sooner
was
it up there I spotted that it wasn't working in release configuration (fine
in debug). I've been working through those issues today so I expect a
decent
version to be available tomorrow.

_____