Re: TelCanto V1.1.3

  • Subject: Re: TelCanto V1.1.3
  • From: Kevin Hawkins <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 21:34:31 +0000

--------------010002090806080500040609

Hi Malcolm,

Just playing with this driving a xAP audio player.  To do this I
have written a xap-audio conduit for WinAMP, one that I hope will
eventually handle multiple WinAMP instances on one machine for multizone
audio. The conduit is mostly done so I'm debugging this against your xAP
audio player 'beta' which is an unusual situation to be in.
What is happening at the moment is that TelCanto is cycling through
the playlist and changing the track WinAMP is playing every 5 seconds
with a <new filepath> "play" command .  I assume this is
because it is
not seeing the expected response from WinAMP via the xap-audio schema
and hence is assuming it's failed to play. This ties in with the fact
the elapsed time displayed in TelCanto always shows 00:00 but TelCanto
shows 'playing'   I'm not quite sure what is different between what I
send and what you look for so here below is what I respond with (every
second), I do have different shuffle/repeat values currently and some
additional paramaters but I don't expect that's the issue.  Could you
give me a little run down on how the xAP instructions/response sequence
proceeds so that I can narrow down where it is failing.  ie what
paramaters you recover and act upon both from the transport and playlist
events.   Also do you just drive the player with commands as one track
ends and the next starts or do you use the playlist queue at all for
your sequencing ? I believe when driving WinAMP directly you queue 1
track at all times I think...

I'm actually now going to install a second TelCanto and drive one
from the other as I may then be able to see the xAP information exchange
and delve further. This marriage of UPnP Renderer / Server and xAP will
be a fantastic prospect - really enthused here with what you're doing
with TelCanto.

Kevin

xap-header
{
v=12
hop=1
uid=FF223300
class=xAP-Audio.Transport.Event
source=UKUSA.WinAmp.lightning
}
audio.transport
{
remaining=03:40
running=True
state=playing
percent=0%
repeat=True
shuffle=True
duration=03:42
elapsed=00:02
}

Malcolm Green wrote:

> There is a new beta version of TelCanto, V1.1.3, available at
> www.telcanto.com/assets/download/telcantosetup-1.1.3.exe.  This
> includes further xAP support:
>
> - new xAP player type, allowing TelCanto to play via a remote xAP
> player as an alternative to Winamp etc.
> - xAP-Audio.Transport.Event generated, currently every second while
> the state is "playing" otherwise every 10 seconds.  As this
is not
> defined in the schema, I have implemented it as proposed in my earlier
> email:
>
> Class=xAP-Audio.Transport.Event
> Audio.Transport
> {
>     State=[playing  paused  stopped]
>     Elapsed="elapsed time"
>     Duration="total time"
>     Shuffle=[off  tracks  albums]
>     Repeat=[off  one  all]
> }

--------------010002090806080500040609

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN">
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>

Hi Malcolm,<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Just playing with this driving a xAP audio
player.&nbsp; To do this I
have written a xap-audio conduit for WinAMP, one that I hope will
eventually handle multiple WinAMP instances on one machine for
multizone audio. The conduit is mostly done so I'm debugging this
against your xAP audio player 'beta' which is an unusual situation to
be in.<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; What is happening at the moment is that
TelCanto is cycling through
the playlist and changing the track WinAMP is playing every 5 seconds
with a &lt;new filepath&gt; "play" command .&nbsp; I
assume this is because
it is not seeing the expected response from WinAMP via the xap-audio
schema and hence is assuming it's failed to play. This ties in with the
fact the elapsed time displayed in TelCanto always shows 00:00 but
TelCanto shows 'playing' &nbsp; I'm not quite sure what is different
between
what I send and what you look for so here below is what I respond with
(every second), I do have different shuffle/repeat values currently and
some additional paramaters but I don't expect that's the issue.&nbsp;
Could
you give me a little run down on how the xAP instructions/response
sequence&nbsp; proceeds so that I can narrow down where it is
failing.&nbsp; ie
what paramaters you recover and act upon both from the transport and
playlist events.&nbsp;&nbsp; Also do you just drive the player with
commands as
one track ends and the next starts or do you use the playlist queue at
all for your sequencing ? I believe when driving WinAMP directly you
queue 1 track at all times I think...<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I'm actually now going to install a second
TelCanto and drive one
from the other as I may then be able to see the xAP information
exchange and delve further. This marriage of UPnP Renderer / Server and
xAP will be a fantastic prospect - really enthused here with what
you're doing with TelCanto.<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; Kevin<br>
<tt>xap-header<br>
{<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; v=12<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; hop=1<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; uid=FF223300<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; class=xAP-Audio.Transport.Event<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; source=UKUSA.WinAmp.lightning<br>
}<br>
audio.transport<br>
{<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; remaining=03:40<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; running=True<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; state=playing<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; percent=0%<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; repeat=True<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; shuffle=True<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; duration=03:42<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; elapsed=00:02<br>
}<br>
</tt><br>
Malcolm Green wrote:
type="cite">
">
<title></title>
name="GENERATOR">
<!-- Converted from text/plain format -->
new beta version of
TelCanto, V1.1.3, available at
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.telcanto.com/assets/download/telcantosetup-1.1.3.exe";>www.telcanto.com/assets/download/telcantosetup-1.1.3.exe</a>.&nbsp;
This
includes further xAP support:<br>
- new xAP player type, allowing TelCanto to play via a remote xAP
player as an alternative to Winamp etc.<br>
- xAP-Audio.Transport.Event generated,&nbsp;<font
face="Arial" size="2">currently
every second while the state is "playing" otherwise every 10
seconds.&nbsp;</font>&nbsp;As
this is not defined in the schema, I have implemented it as proposed in
my earlier email:</font></p>
size="2">Class=xAP-Audio.Transport.Event<br>
Audio.Transport<br>
{<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; State=[playing  paused  stopped]<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Elapsed="elapsed time"<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Duration="total
time"&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Shuffle=[off  tracks  albums]<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Repeat=[off  one  all]<br>
}</font></p>

<!-- **begin egp html banner** -->

<tt><hr width="500">
<ul>
<li>To visit your group on the web, go to:<br><a
href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xAP_developer/";>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xAP_developer/</a><br>&nbsp;
<li>To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<br><a
href="mailto:xAP_developer-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx?subject=Unsubscribe";>xAP_developer-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx</a><br>&nbsp;