Re: BSC spec query

  • Subject: Re: BSC spec query
  • From: "g8kmh" <g8kmh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 21:25:25 -0000

It's from the BSC 1.3 spec PDF document, page 5......

http://downloads.xapautomation.org/documents/BSCv13.pdf

Also there's a typo on page 8, para 2 which I think should be
xAPBSC.query and then another para should be added for the case where
an xAPBSC.cmd results in no change of status.

In the plug in I'm testing, a DMX interface, how addressing works in
real life is going to be pretty important.

Interestingly, the BSC spec says that all devices must respond to
target=*.*.> which isn't the quite the same as >:>

As a Tivo user I'm looking forward to the JPEGWriter, I've had a play
with the windoze app.

Lehane
--- In xAP_developer@xxxxxxx, "Sullivan, Glenn"
<gsullivan@d...> wrote:

> That must be an error... No program I write would ever pick that
out as
> a matching target.
>
> I'm still struggling a bit with untargeted messages, personally...
In
> our conversations last month, the topic of responding to untargeted
> messages came up, there were varying opinions as to whether
target=>:>
> and "no target" are the same thing...
>
> I think that, in the TiVo JPEGWriter service (to be released
tonight...
> Stay tuned to this space), I am going to make a
> "RespondToUntargettedMessages" config option... Give the
user a
choice.

> But, on your original question, it sounds like a typo... Where did
you
> get that spec from?
>
> Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I MCDBA
> David Clark Company Inc.
Behalf Of g8kmh
> Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 2:51 PM
> To: xAP_developer@xxxxxxx
> Subject: [xAP_developer] BSC spec query
>
> I'm running some test cases through the DMX plug-in against the
spec and
> came across one I couldn't figure.
>
> From the spec:
> Example
> {
> v=12
> hop=1
> uid=FF123400
> class=xAPBSC.cmd
> source=ACME.Controller.Central
> target=ACME.Lighting.apartment:outside.>
> }
> output.state.1
> {
> ID=*
> State=OFF
> }
> This message would cause all binary outputs named
outside.<anything> to