RE: Intranet OCX strange behavior

  • Subject: RE: Intranet OCX strange behavior
  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <gsullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:05:31 -0500

Viewer, run on the server that all of these xAP's run on, shows the web
service messages:
xap-header
{
v=12
hop=1
uid=FF111300
class=Web.Service
source=mi4.switchboard.GMSSERVER01
}
Server.Start
{
rss.3=http://192.168.64.2:52340/rss.xsp?outgoing
icon=http://192.168.64.2:52340/images/icon.gif
rss.1=http://192.168.64.2:52340/rss.xsp?all
url=http://192.168.64.2:52340/
rssn.1=Incoming and Outgoing Calls
rssn.2=Incoming Calls
rssn.3=Outgoing Calls
name=Switchboard
pc=GMSSERVER01
desc=Track and search phone calls
rss.2=http://192.168.64.2:52340/rss.xsp?incoming
}

xap-header
{
v=12
hop=1
uid=FF234400
class=Web.Service
source=mi4.tvradio.gmsserver01
}
Server.Start
{
rss=http://192.168.64.2:36000/rss.xsp
rssn=Current TV
desc=TV Listings
url=http://192.168.64.2:36000/
name=TV
icon=http://192.168.64.2:36000/icons/home.gif
pc=GMSSERVER01
}

Intranet Launcher ON THE SERVER is the only xAP that is not seeing
these... All the other PC's in my house show "3 xAP Intranets
available"
(TV, News, and Switchboard) except for the server itself, where it only
shows xAP TV.

Coincidentally, TV is the only Intranet Enabled app that ISN'T running
as a service... News and Switchboard are now (thankfully) running as a
service.

Is there something different about how Intranet Launcher sees
"local"
apps?

BTW, confusion about Weather: I meant
Weather is not Intranet enabled. Until I upgraded Switchboard last
night, switchboard showed fine...

I will see about adding Intranet to some of my xAPplications this
weekend...

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.