Intranet OCX strange behavior

  • Subject: Intranet OCX strange behavior
  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <gsullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 10:49:44 -0500

I wonder whether anyone else is seeing this strange behavior:

1. IntranetLauncher does not seem to be seeing the web.service messages
if it is running on the same server as the xAPplications... For example,
I have a server that runs TV, Weather, Switchboard and News on it... But
the Launcher only shows TV.  Weather is not Intranet enabled, and until
I upgraded Switchboard last night, it showed fine... Once I upgraded
last night to the new version (with the new OCX) they stopped appearing
in the Intranet tray Icon's list.

I can still get to them by going to the TV page and clicking on the
switchboard icon in the upper right corner.

2. This isn't new: frequent, when an intranet page refreshes itself, It
returns a page not found error... Not sure why, because if I refresh it,
the page shows correctly.

I had forgotten that you had made it possible to use the OCX for just
Intranet messages... I will try it this evening.

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.