Re: Proposal for VSCP schema

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxx>
To: <xAP_developer@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 08, 2005 4:05 PM
Subject: Re: [xAP_developer] Proposal for VSCP schema

> I think I would like to formally agree the format of the new UID and
> release it asap so that people can use it from effectively xAP 1.21
> onwards.

v=121               ???

Works for me, I have to say

> I would very much like to get the message sequencing ironed
> [...] BTW Gracefully means "don't throw a wobbly" and don't
> drop subseqent parsing.

The issue with sequencing is that ISTR it can lead to
unfinished/unterminated
xAP messages, so the whole message
could be malformed and regarded as "to be thrown away".

That having been said, it strikes me that handling sequencing is basically
an
OCX issue (assuming that the OCX manages a message queue, which kind of
makes
sense to me), so not an issue for application developers who want to re-use
existing components... and not an issue AT ALL for xAP users.

Mark, using Mary's PC, Harrison