Re: Proposal for VSCP schema

YAP wrote:

> <snip>
>

>Some qustions coming up on my side.
>
>For UID=3DFF123400
>
>how are the 1234 assigned uniquely. Manually or through some automatic
pro=
cess?
>=20=20

Currently manually - but lots of proposals around to automate this, hope=20
we'll have an agreed proposal soon - even looked at how you were doing=20
similar in VSCP...;-)

>For the xAP hubs that are available today is there a standard way to
>detect that a HUB is already there so my code can select if it should
>be a client or start its own HUB functionality?
>
>=20=20

You can try and acquire port 3639 and if you do then no hub is running,=20
ideally if you then use port 3639 you should offer hub functionality to=20
any other later launched apps .  If you grab port 3639 and don't provide=20
hub functionality you effectively will be the only functional xAP=20
listener - all other xAP applications will be deaf.    xAP 'send only'=20
applicatiosn will work fine though.

Kevin