Re: Proposal for VSCP schema

YAP wrote:

>Hi,
>
>This is a RFC as I have written up a first proposal for a VSCP schema
>and some initial VSCP-xAP mapping thoughts. It is available on this
>page http://www.vscp.org/vscp/proposals
>
>Suggestions, thoughts, directions are all welcome.
>
>=20=20

Ake,

A couple of additional comments:

(1) I notice that you don't align VSCP classes w/ xAP classes.  Instead,=20
the VSCP class is a field in a body block.  Is there a reason that you=20
didn't align VSCP classes w/ xAP classes?  I'm asking because=20
misterhouse (mh) uses the class and source fields to quickly filter or=20
route messages based on mh object registrations (which specify source=20
and/or class w/ wildcarding).  I don't know if other xAP applications=20
utilize a similar approach to more quickly "triage" messages (and
better=20
handle message "floods").  I'm not suggesting that you change
your=20
schema based purely on mh desires; however, it would seem more intuitive=20
that VSCP classes align w/ xAP classes (of your choosing/creation).

(2) Will you be supporting VSCP class=3D0 messages?  Specifically, I'm=20
wondering about how you might handle/address VSCP daemon and device=20
heartbeats.  The VSCP spec suggests a VSCP heartbeat rate of 1 per=20
second.  That's a bit more rapid than typical xAP apps (which I believe=20
normally report 1 per minute).  I'm wondering whether it might be more=20
useful to accumulate all of a VSCP segment's hearbeats into a single xAP=20
message (schema TBD).

Regards,

Gregg