Re: A VSCP schema for xAP

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 12:16:38 +0200, YAP <x112358@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>I would very much like to design a VSCP (http://www.vscp.org) schema
>for xAP and add support for xAP to the VSCP daemon. Can I do a
>proposal for this myself or do I have to go through a some kind of
>steering group to have it done?

Oh, just have a go yourself! Post up to the list and get some
comments/suggestions from others, that's what I normally do.

There are a few components of schemas often done in what you might
call standardised ways now - certainly I have a few patterns I tend to
follow in my own efforts, which I tend to wrap in my own xAP code.

>Also I need a vendor id ("VSCP" preferred). How do I get
this?

I think you just did. Normally it's a case of reserve an ID here, it
gets added to a list somewhere, job done. However, that seems more of
a protocol name rather than a vendor name. There might in future be a
few different implementions from different vendors under this same
general banner if you see what I mean??

Stuart Booth <stuart@xxxxxxx>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net

http://www.xapautomation.org/
     http://www.xapframework.net/