RE: Allowable characters in xAP parameter values

  • Subject: RE: Allowable characters in xAP parameter values
  • From: "Ian B" <ian.bird@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 09:37:14 +0100

> Would you want to read the xAP message in Viewer in its raw ! mode or
> decoded = flavour. A toggle b/w them I guess with some auto-detection
> visual indicators.

If I was sending binary data using xAP and the '!' it would be just that
and
not characters coded in hex. An example of this is the array setup data for
my menu controller (if I used xAP for this bit at all). In the micro world
am sure there are many other potential occurrences too. In my example the
data would contain a destination start memory position, number of elements,
delimiters and data which may be text but is more likely hex coded pictures
etc. For debug the hex value would be the only useful one.

Others I can see may want an interpretation on the matter e.g. UTF8. Can
this maybe be set in the application preferences somewhere i.e. raw, UTF8
etc.

Just thoughts

Ian