RE: Hub Lessons Learned

  • Subject: RE: Hub Lessons Learned
  • From: mcs101main@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 21:07:11 +0000

--NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_27908_1098738431_0

I tried 0.0.0.0 for the RemoteHost of the Winsock control under W2K and it
was not received by a second Winsock control at a different port on the
same application.  This is the same as if I used 255.255.255.255.  If I use
127.0.0.1 for the RemoteHost then the second Winsock control receives the
message.  The 255.255.255.255 was tried on two computers.  The 0.0.0.0 was
tried on one.

It is true that the VPN may not be the culprit, but it was a common element
among the three computers on which I did my testing.  The two with eacfilt
drivers for the VPN had message duplicates and the one that did not have
this saw only single messages.  Duplicates occurred on  a Dell D600 laptop
under W2K using Broadcom 570x controller.  It also occurred on MSI
motherboard with integrated Intel NIC under W2K.  Duplication did not occur
under XP with a Linksys PCI card in a ECS motherboard.  W2K was another
common element between the two which have duplicates, but I know many are
using W2K without any reported duplication problems.

-------------- Original message from "Patrick Lidstone (Personal