Re: Weather, and a new xAPplication coming on

  • Subject: Re: Weather, and a new xAPplication coming on
  • From: "David Buckley" <db@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 00:52:47 -0000

--- In xAP_developer@xxxxxxx, James <james@m...> wrote:
>  >I could, if I had the slightest idea what you were on about :-)
>
> lol, well it is the developer forum!

Indeed, I need to stop acting like I'm blonde.

Your note was comprehensible, and implementible, but doesnt work!

Deleting the label text using DisplayDesigner makes the fixed text go
away, and also as a side-effect removes the (used) designation.  In
xAP variables for utc I tried both script possibilities, change and
update.

I've determined that in label display the variable name (eg **utc**)
is case sensitive, so in your proffered script I tried utc rather than
UTC, no difference.  Trimming the script to

a=xap.UpdateLabel(DisplayName,4, "xxx")
a=xap.UpdateDisplay(DisplayName)

which is really the minimum implemetation doesnt make xxx appear.  The
script is being run, I found the scripterror file, and with the above
shortie script, there are no errors.

Help!