Re: Weather, and a new xAPplication coming on

  • Subject: Re: Weather, and a new xAPplication coming on
  • From: "David Buckley" <db@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 22:15:21 -0000

--- In xAP_developer@xxxxxxx, James <james@m...> wrote:

As this app is connected to a physical weather station sitting on your
roof or whatever, what you get is a real time feed of weather data,
with a message every time something changes, which is several a
minute.  So I dont think there is a need for a request mechanism :-)

> If you could let me have some sample messages from the app, when
> available, I can get the schema added to the database that
> the HomeSeer plugin uses.

xap-header
{
v=12
hop=1
uid=FF400100
class=Weather.Report
source=mi4.weather.1
}
Weather.Report
{
tempf=73.3
utc=21:53:58
tempc=22.9
icon=Dry
date=12/10/2004
humidity=50
windm= 3
windk= 0
airpressure=1001.8
rain=0.0
winddirc=SW
}

The spaces in the windm and windk data (one of which is wrong in this
particular message) look wrong to me, but the author tells me that "i
discoverd the space is needed for windspeed , if the speed is less
than 10".  Seems odd to me.