From: Michael McSharry=20
To: xAP_developer@xxxxxxx=20
Sent: Sunday, October 10, 2004 9:25 AM
Subject: Re: [xAP_developer] Nuts and Bolts of a hub-app protocol

I've tried two hubs.  In the case of the xap-hub.exe from your site it st=
arts with what looks to be using eth0: address 0.0.0.0 on port 3639.  I
nev=
er see any message traffic when this hub is running.  I also cannot start
a=
nother hub since 3639 has been claimed.  I also tried to look on your site
=
for any configuration information, but the site appears to be down.

I am able to get the hub functionality with Stuart's V1.2.1.5 GUI Hub.  I=
n my test application I have two sockets open for listening.  One at
127.0.=
0.1 and the other at 192.168.0.200.  This test app produces heartbeats and
=
a normal message.  I see all my traffic on 192.168.0.200.  I do see the
tra=
ffic from other apps on 192.168.0.200 routed through the hub onto
192.168.0=
.200:36768 back to my test app.  It does appear  that 127.0.0.1 is not
bein=
g used.
----- Original Message -----=20