A simple BSC v1.3 test application

  • Subject: A simple BSC v1.3 test application
  • From: Kevin Hawkins <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 01:25:39 +0100

I am thinking that people would find it useful to have a very basic
software implementation of BSC that they can test against.   The BSC13
faders for xAP Desktop will of course send BSC.cmd messages and react to
and display the results of  xAPBSC.event   and xAPBSC.info messages for
Level based devices. However they are not devices in their own right so
you can't target them and they wont originate .event or .info messages.

So next week I will knock up a very basic test application that has
a few buttons and a working implementation of a BSC Binary, Level and
Text device. This way anyone experimenting with BSC v1.3 will be able to
use this as a test jig.  I may even do this in xAP Desktop rather than
VB. Users should also be able to use xAP BSC Mapper   to link the
devices if they wish  although some inbuilt linking will be provided
too. If anyone has any input or suggestions to  add for this mini app
let me know asap.