xAP OCX filtering question

  • Subject: xAP OCX filtering question
  • From: Kevin Hawkins <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 21:01:03 +0000

Hi P,

A quick Q. Just using the inbuilt filtering feature in the v3 OCX
for the first time. What I'm hoping to do is write a VB skeleton app for
BSC v13 so that people can use this to quickly xAP enable a device to
drop it into HomeSeer say

Having set a filter for the  target of  'acme.ocx.test' and turned
the filter on then only messages targeted at acme.ocx.test make it
through to the onMessage callback as expected. However I would have
thought that a message targeted at acme.ocx.* or even target=> should
also make it through ? (they don't).   I guess there's a distinction
between setting a filter up for an exact match or one where the target
was wildcarded.  The wildcarding sort of works both ways here, in the
filter and/or in the target= line in the incoming message.    It would
seem that a way of turning a filter on for 'matches me' would be a
useful feature in the OCX - it looks like currently I have to accept all
messages and validate wildcards manually against my address in the
current implementation. You have a set of routines within the OCX for
exactly this already so it would be neat to use them - and much easier
for new users of the OCX.

Kevin

PS Did you ever add the iterate through keyname/values bit ??

Kevin

cc'd offlist  just in case you're not watching it currently...