Re: xAP OCX filtering question

  • Subject: Re: xAP OCX filtering question
  • From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 21:32:09 -0000

A little more info - it's the > matching that is failing when its
early in the address construct so..

target filter= acme.ocx.test

target= acme.*.* will match
target=acme.> will fail
target=> will fail
target=*.*.> will match
target=acme.ocx.test:subaddress will fail

are we saying target=> or target=*.> are invalid and should always
be sent as target=*.*.> I wonder ??

and another interesting point on wildcards

a target filter of acme.ocx.test.>  wont match against
target=acme.ocx.test but does match against
target=acme.ocx.test:subtwo

So how do you create a filter that will pass anything that starts
with "acme.ocx.test" ?

eg acme.ocx.test and acme.ocx.test:subaddress

I dont think you can :-(

The question is I guess does the .> require there be a specific
position in the hierarchy to match

Kevin

--- In xAP_developer@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <lists@u...>
wrote:
> Hi P,
>
>     A quick Q. Just using the inbuilt filtering feature in the v3
OCX
> for the first time. What I'm hoping to do is write a VB skeleton
app for
> BSC v13 so that people can use this to quickly xAP enable a device
> drop it into HomeSeer say
>
>     Having set a filter for the  target of  'acme.ocx.test' and
turned
> the filter on then only messages targeted at acme.ocx.test make it
> through to the onMessage callback as expected. However I would
have
> thought that a message targeted at acme.ocx.* or even target=>
should
> also make it through ? (they don't).   I guess there's a
distinction