Re: Re: BSC and OneWire] + X10 mapping

------=_NextPart_000_006F_01C4D399.4B4A6400

What are those doing BSC for the X10 interface adapters doing to map the
25=
5 BSC codes into the 256 X10 codes?

The sensors discovered on the 1-wire will change over time and the
interfac=
e to which they are connected will change as well.  I expect to make the
UI=
D autogenerated based upon its discovery sequence.  This means that on any
=
given session a particular sensor's UID will change.  In my applications
th=
at actually use the senor reading, they will only use the ID, channel, and
=
type/application fields from the source address to uniquely identify the
se=
nsor.  Other applications that use the UID for identification will become
c=
onfused.  Is it the case the BSC should only be used for a static
environme=
nt and not for one such as this which is dynamic?=20=20

For example assume a configuration of two xap 1-wire interface nodes. Each
=
of these nodes will have a different base UID.  A 1-wire sensor has a
uniqu=
e 16 character hardware ID.  When this sensor is connected to one of the
tw=
o xap interface nodes then the UID will be the composite of the base UID
of=
the node and a mapping of the 16 characters into two hex digits.  If this =
sensor is moved from the first xap interface node to the second, then the
U=
ID will change.  Same sensor, but a different UID because the UID contains
=
both interface information and sensor information.

The BSC schema requires a State property which tends to imply that a BSC
de=
vice should be able to take on multiple states.  This makes sense for
Binar=
y devices, but it does not for Level and Stream devices that also do not
ha=
ve a State.  What does it mean for a speed sensor to be ON or is OFF?
What=
is the rationale for the schema's requirement for a device to have a State=
property?

----- Original Message -----=20