Re: xAP Python library

--- In xAP_developer@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <lists@u...> wrote:
> DuckMan36O wrote:
>

> >I am trying to track down the python library with the interest of
> >integrating it into XBMC (www.xboxmediacenter.com).  Which could
lead
> >to some interesting possibilities.
> >
> >Please point me in the right direction.
> >
> Hi there, welcome..
>
> That would be most interesting !
>
> I can see some stuff on Python in the xAP WIKI
>
> *http://tinyurl.com/6ryua
>
> *and that points to Patricks site which at the moment is working :-) -
> but no 'libraries' as such...the 'download' link is non functional :-(
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6yhd5
>
> *http://tinyurl.com/655py
>
> Patrick - can you help here ???

The site is rising from the ashes. There are still a number of holes,
including some broken links and what-not, but I am working to fix
these as time allows. One of the broken links is the actual python
download, and I will try and make this available again tonight.

The embedded python implementation extends the normal python
interpreter to make it xap-aware, and includes some new methods. In
this sense, it is a library. It has to be implemented this way because
the python engine "owns" the thread of execution, and xAP has to
be
able to react to asynchronous incoming events. I've found the extended
engine to be very reliable in practice - it forms the back bone of the
xap-in-a-box controller, whose uptime has beaten all expectation.

I'll post again once the Python material has been updated. Duckman,
please feel free to drop me a line if you need help - I will do what I
can (although I have very limited spare time at the moment, sadly).

I am also painfully aware that I "owe" some asterisk material,
and
will also publish that ASAP.

Patrick