Re: RE: Slim Conduit Feature request vs. GUI Plugin bits feat. MC Booth and the plugin boys

  • Subject: Re: RE: Slim Conduit Feature request vs. GUI Plugin bits feat. MC Booth and the plugin boys
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 18:39:00 +0000

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 17:06:00 +0100, "Edward Pearson"
<<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=ez4wamhkbx4KCj2IwOdZgvEOY2dDzvxx3xrRJQj-_y5Y04RJYS91jQCPfSjH4ou0CGP-lKht2by9a7VRkUsgov6CkDaRuM0MraaHPA">edward.mailgroup@b...</a>>
wrote:

>wish - it'd be nicer to get a call from the runtime when the properties
have
>changed (dialog was Accepted not cancelled) - right now I have to do
all the
>actions resulting from the change in the OK button click handler of the
>dialog which feels a bit messy (there's serial comms, unit detection
etc
>going on)

What I do is setup an event handler that monitors changes to the
configuration file. I check the event to see if it contains details of
something I'm particularly interested in, and if it does, I look at
the new value contained in the event and update myself.

This is how I propagate changes to the SlimServer the Connector is
working with around the system. It then disconnects from the current
SlimServer and binds to the new SlimServer.

Anybody that is talking to the SlimServer can then detect this
parameter changing and react accordingly. This change could come from
anything, be it a dialog edit, an external file change, a toolbar
edit, or even an inbound targetted xAP message. Each of these changes
the configuration settings and the event that this change generates
drives the rest of the update.

All this is currently available from xFx and its associated DLLs right
now - you just need to know where to unlock this I guess. More soon...

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=jpDpIivybpDCak7431B7-cb3KGNFjMd538i2VgUjkUpP-mUsk3aoSB-1LXAbQH9sbswEnkpT6Qn2muAYsd7L">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net