RE: xFx GUI Plugin bits

  • Subject: RE: xFx GUI Plugin bits
  • From: Edward Pearson
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 21:18:00 +0000

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0
Transitional//EN">
<TITLE>Message</TITLE>
<DIV><SPAN class="274503620-26032004"><FONT
face="Arial" color="#0000ff"
size="2">Properties page is on my list too for the X10
plugin.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class="274503620-26032004"><FONT
face="Arial" color="#0000ff"
size="2"></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class="274503620-26032004"><FONT
face="Arial" color="#0000ff" size="2">On
my to-do list for the w/e is to be able configure one string for the com
port "COM1:, COM2:" - I don't even need to set speed, bits etc
since that's fixed for the CM12. That must be the simplest example you can
get... :-)</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us"
dir="ltr" align="left"><FONT
face="Tahoma" size="2">-----Original
Message-----<B>From:</B> Stuart Booth [mailto:lists@xxxxxxx]
<B>Sent:</B> 25 March 2004 00:42<B>To:</B>
xAP_developer@xxxxxxx<B>Subject:</B> Re: [xAP_developer] xFx
GUI Plugin bits</FONT></DIV><TT>On Tue, 16 Mar 2004
18:27:36 -0000, "Paul Barrett"<pbarrett@xxxxxxx>
wrote:>i.e. customizing the grid and the properties pageQuestion for you
on the Properties page. Do you want something thatuses the same tree based
interface as my apps all do?You can do this either as a complete Windows
Form that is completelyof your own construction, or you can add some
special pages that workin the Property Tree style I've used.The former is a
very simple example. I could even set it up tocustomise the COM port, as I
assume you
'll want to do.The latter isn't that much more difficult really and allows
you totake advantage of some common code I hoisted out of Hub and Viewer
forcustomise certain parameters. The property pages that are commonacross
Hub, Viewer and the GUI runtime shell, as well as in theSlimServer
Connector plugin are all implemented in the xFx DLL,xAPUI.DLL.Actually,
there's quite a few things to show you, such as setting upthe XML
configuration file (not the app.config file) that theapplication settings
are now saved to, and saving/loading details tothis and into the property
pages.Let me know your preferences for your plugin properties form and
I'llknock up a very, very simple example plugin that shows everything
youneed.S-- Stuart Booth <stuart@xxxxxxx>xAPFramework.net - a xAP
software development framework for .net<A href="http://www.xapautomation.org/";>http://www.xapautomation.org/</A>&n
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <A href="http://www.xapframework.net/";>http://www.xapframework.net/</A></TT>